Should I start a YouTube channel? Should I start a Podcast? These questions are always on your mind when you want to become an influencer or grow your business online. Many people are starting a YouTube channel or a Podcast or maybe both, and want to optimize the monetization strategies, and lot more.
Doing Podcast and YouTube both can be really awesome for the personal branding and for your business. But, just dumping or giving away any content on both the channels won’t really help you, unless and until you have certain strategies to actually make it grow and sustain for the years to come.
So, today I’ll discuss with you all the key points one should keep in mind when it comes growing YouTube + Podcast channels, top strategies for building your brand in the market.
You ready?? Let’s go!
YouTube Versus Podcast
- For a YouTube channel, a lot of work is required, starting with shooting good videos, kind of look good (presentable) for the videos, which doesn’t happen in Podcast creation.
- A lot more behind-the-scenes (BTS) happens for a Podcast. For example, you need to setup a lot of equipments and tools before doing a podcast.
- On YouTube, once you have your video file edited and ready to roll, you directly upload it online and start your channel from there.
- In case of a Podcast, you must host your media files on a separate hosting platform (many cheap hosting platforms are available online), before publishing or making it live for your audience/viewers. Why a separate platform to host your media file? Because, you’re not required to upload individual Podcast episode files to iTunes, Spotify, Google. Rather, you must build an RSS feed and submit it these channel, so that it notifies all the subscribers subscribed to those channels and platforms, whenever your new Podcast episode it live.
- If people watch your YouTube videos for over 5 minutes, then you’ve done a great job, which means that you can grab the attention of your audience really easily and quickly. Another benefit of building a YouTube channel, is the YouTube Live feature, where you interact with your viewers live or maybe promote your marketing campaigns directly at the end of the Live.
- A fairly huge amount of people listen to Joe Rogan’s Podcast for over 1 hour/2 hours/3 hours, which happens in just one sitting. And for a YouTuber, this is absolutely great! In a Podcast, you’ve the power to connect with your audience, tell a story, give away valued content in the episode, call out for actions from the listeners, etc.
- Another advantage of a Podcast is the way it is being consumed. You can listen to a podcast pretty much anywhere and everywhere – while driving, in a flight or even while jogging. Whereas, you cannot watch videos on YouTube while doing all kinds of activities. This makes Podcast stronger than YouTube.
- Talking about the numbers, there are about 500 Million YouTube channels running right now and less than 1 Million Podcasts. Thus, competition is less for Podcast, so you can start your Podcasts any time, it’s still not that late. But in the end, it always boils down to the overall number of viewers/views for your YouTube videos versus to the number of actual listeners for your Podcasts!
- You can build an actual deep connection with your listeners on Podcast, with the type of quality content you give away to them. Whereas in case of YouTube, it is always about physical appearances, shooting methods, live feed, valuable content (again), marketing, SEO, appropriate and curious thumbnails and video titles, so that it’s recommended by YouTube to other users online, making it a viral or trending (with maximum number of shares).
I hope you’ll find this blog helpful if you’re interested in learning about Podcast and YouTube, and how both platforms can boost your personal brand and grow your business online. If you haven’t already subscribed to the blog yet, I’d request you to do so, as we publish great content on SAP, Online Marketing and Business every single day (5 days a week!). So, make sure you never miss an update from us.
Receive my tips and tutorials on YouTube Channel Vs. Podcast and strategies to grow your online business using both the platforms. Join my Community of Professionals & Entrepreneurs!
Finally, CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK HERE. I’d love to hear about your experiences if you’ve worked in SAP, what modules are you certified in and more, on Facebook. I’d also love to help you in your SAP learning journey so that you achieve success in the industry.