FYI – This blog is a little technical and describes all key essentials of SAP Data Hub and Development, mainly for a developer or a consultant. SAP provides a special arena called Developers Arena, where you can monitor your progress by logging into the SAP website with your S-user credentials, and keep a track of your tutorials and learning in the Developers area. It not only helps you brush-up your skills, but also improves your experience as a developer in the development environment.
So what exactly is SAP Data Hub?
Well, SAP Data Hub lets you build, manage and distribute super strong pipelines of data. It also allows you orchestrate data processing, integrate data and monitor metadata across the company data. With SAP Data Hub, you can build reusable complex data pipelines to process data at the source terminal. The user can define many tasks like data flow graphs, data pipelines and file operations. SAP Data Hub usually comes as a part of SAP Digital Platform with Data Orchestration, which is used by the enterprises to manage their data from any kind of source and develop, or integrate the desired business applications on the Digital Platform. With SAP Data Hub, the users get intelligent and trusted data by securing and governing data in a cloud solution.
You can speed up the data search results with the help of self-service data preparation process. In a system, you can search data by profiling or transforming. The SAP Data Hub comes with a unique feature to display and control a number of options for digital landscape connections, where one can regulate various systems or zones for security purposes.
The SAP Data Hub Launchpad lets the user access all the tools for implementation of end-to-end business process. If you have certain tools and pages that you frequently use for your business scenario, then you can build custom links for the same to access them every now and then.
Points to remeber for SAP Data Hub
In order to install, manage and implement SAP Data Hub Solution, the user should check for the prerequisites or conditions for the same. So, some of the points to remember before the configuration of SAP Data Hub, one should keep in mind, are as follows:
- Data for End-User: For a business solution, it is important to learn and understand the basics of SAP Data Hub and the one-point access to a number of administration tools for monitoring of end-user data.
- Data Modeling: With SAP Data Hub, you can model data pipelines and workflows with the help of objects available in the SAP Data Hub like data sets, destinations, projects and tasks. Make sure you understand the functioning of data pipelines and data modeling, before the installation of SAP Data Hub.
- Support: In the SAP Help Portal, you can get all the information you need for installing, implementing, troubleshooting and configuring SAP Data Hub Solution.
Advantages of SAP Data Hub
Some of the advantages of the SAP Data Hub are:
- It provides data enrichment, refinement and discovery with data governance.
- It gives end-to-end data orchestration for intelligent and trusted data.
- It even helps the user to unlock data from IoT and Machine Learning.
Business Use Cases of SAP Data Hub
Since SAP Data Hub lets the user unlock the value of data for Machine Learning (ML), IoT, Data Science and Intelligent Data Warehousing, let’s understand the business scenario use cases with SAP Data Hub.
- Intelligent Data Warehouse: In this scenario, the customers mark Big Data readiness, connection between enterprise data and Big Data, and void of requirement in supporting business needs. The product (SAP Data Hub) lets leveraging new data sources, integration, enterprise data applications, and allows the customers to process data in bulk by reducing the shift and providing high-value data in distributed landscape. Generally, customer use cases include the property to integrate data from more than two enterprises by merging data from big data stores such as Hadoop and other governed warehouses.
- IoT: Here, customers undergo challenges to use significant data assets and smart devices, to transform them into improvised processes for business profitability. In IoT scenario, customers need to drive analytics from raw data with low-level semantics and little context in business. The SAP Data Hub improves integration and processing of data from messaging systems, high-volume cloud storage and system data management. The platform also regulates event-based pipelines across distributed landscape at any time, like smart manufacturing, logistics, predictive maintenance and supply-chain optimization.
- Machine Learning & Analysis: The Data Science scenario includes adapting prototype stage projects delivering them to production stage and collecting all relevant data sources and implement ML (machine learning) algorithms into business processes. The SAP Data Hub allows integration of data sources in a streamlined tool in a landscape (distributed). It also processes data models of machine learning leveraging both SAP and non-SAP systems, by reducing the time for data orchestration. Generally, customer uses cases include machine failure prediction, credit analysis, fraud prediction and automated scoring models.
I hope you’ll find this blog helpful if you’re interested in learning about SAP Data Hub and how users can get an intelligent data for a business solutions. If you haven’t already subscribed to the blog yet, I’d request you to do so, as we publish great content on SAP, Online Marketing and Business every single day (5 days a week!). So, make sure you never miss an update from us.
Receive my tips and tutorials on SAP Industry and developments of SAP. Join my Community of SAP Professionals & Entrepreneurs!
Finally, CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK HERE. I’d love to hear about your experiences if you’ve worked in SAP, what modules are you certified in and more, on Facebook. I’d also love to help you in your SAP learning journey so that you achieve success in the industry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.