Working in SAP Industry, especially in the Application Development and SAP UI5 or SAP Fiori, you might have created many apps for various purposes. Thus, the main objective of my post is to show you how to create a Transactional App and release or publish in the SAP Fiori Launchpad. So, let’s go!
Steps to Create a New Project Using a Template
- Using your credentials, log into the SAP Web IDE and choose NEW PROJECT FROM A TEMPLATE.
- Choose SAP FIORI FULL SCREEN APPLICATION template, and then hit NEXT.
- Give a PROJECT NAME and thereafter, hit NEXT. Now, select the backend server connection from the dropdown menu and look for the OData Service, SRA018_SO_TRACKING_SRV. Then, hit NEXT.
- In the PROJECT SETTINGS, enter the following details:
- Now, select the following details in the PAGE 2 SECTION & NAVIGATION SECTION and hit NEXT.
- Once done, hit FINISH to finish your project. Thus, this is the detailed procedure of how to create a new project in the Fiori Launchpad using the Template in the system.
You can test the app you create in the SAP Fiori Launchpad using the mock data and also by checking is all the fields show the exact correct data. In order to do so, dive into the the steps for the same.
Steps to Check/Test App Using Mock Data
- In the library, select the project that you want to test. Let’s say you wish to test TRACKSALESORDER project, then select INDEX.HTML by right-clicking on it.
- Choose RUN * RUN WITH MOCK DATA.
- If you want to display all parameters of PAGE 2 and NAVIGATION SECTION, then click on sales order row following the second (next) screen. That’s how you can test all your create apps in the Launchpad. Now, comes the deploying part of the apps.
Deployment of Apps to the Backend Server
In order to understand how to deploy app to the backend server, let’s dig deep:
- Click on your project and choose DEPLOY * DEPLOY TO SAPUI5 ABAP REPOSITORY.
- Provide any DESCRIPTION, NAME and PACKAGE for the same.
- Select FINISH to complete the project.
Thus, this is how you can deploy an app in the SAP Fiori Launchpad to the Backend Server. For any queries, drop us a line below in the comments section!
How to Publish an App to SAP Fiori Launchpad?
Following are the steps to publish an App to the SAP Fiori Launchpad:
- Log into the SAP Server using your credentials and with the help of transaction (Tcode) SICF, test the app you have deployed and want to add in the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- Now, build a new launchpad using transaction LPD_CUST.
- Provide the application URL parameters for your app. Now, provide APPLICATION ALIAS and SAP UI5 component details.
- Create a new catalog in SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- Fill in these details in the new target mapping:
- Now, create a new tile and select a new icon and provide the details like TITLE, SEMANTIC OBJECT and ACTION.
- Once you build a new role in the ABAP system, assign launchpad catalog and user to the role. Now, you should be able to see the new Sales Order Tracker App that you created in the catalog.
- Finally, add the app into any group or simply MY HOME group and launch the app.
Thus, by now you’ve seen how to build and deploy a transactional app to the ABAP server and finally, publish it into the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
I hope you’ll find my blog useful and beneficial if you’re interested in SAP or working in SAP or planning to switch to SAP. I’ve worked on many SAP Live Projects with many clients (for contracts) and I still work with a few on contractual basis. I’ve to say, I’m learning every single day.
Receive my tips and tutorials on SAP Industry and developments of SAP. Join my Community of SAP Professionals & Entrepreneurs!
Finally, CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK HERE. I’d love to hear about your experiences if you’ve worked in SAP, what modules are you certified in and more, on Facebook. I’d also love to help you in your SAP learning journey so that you achieve success in the industry.