The SAP HANA Express Edition is one of the versions of SAP HANA and is free to use for database (32GB RAM). Though the memory can be expanded from 32GB with the help of designed and developed for notebooks and resource-limited hosts. In order to get the SAP HANA Express Edition, you can either get a FREE On-Premise Version or Sign Up for Cloud Deployment.
Prerequisites for Installation of SAP HANA Express Edition
- The free SAP HANA Express edition is available for development and productive use – up to 32GB of RAM.
- You must have a minimum of 8GB RAM for the database server only and 16GB for the database + XS Advanced applications. If you don’t have RAM sufficient for installation, then you can deploy SAP HANA Express edition in the cloud, as an option.
- The SAP HANA merges in-memory database with analytics like machine learning libraries and geospatial.
Features of SAP HANA Express Edition
Let me summarize the salient features of the Express Edition.
- Predictive Analytics: Want to incorporate predictive analysis in your SAP apps? Well, now you can do so with SAP HANA Express Edition, where you can choose from a number of algorithms for analytics. You can use forecasting in time series, data preparation, regression or outliners, as per your app.
- Machine Learning (ML): Create strong intelligent apps to add and automate repetitive tasks. You can create a business app for operations optimization that can be engrossed in the system.
- Data Modeling: Think of what all you can do to your app with SAP HANA Express Edition. You can club features and measures in analytical data and get information views. Also, you can create calculation views using graphs, anonymization for your reports.
- Streaming Analytics: Did you know that the streaming analytics of the Express Edition, adds great performance, especially for complex event processing in SAP HANA. The Streamline Analytics in SAP HANA Express Edition also helps to build IoT applications.
- Geospatial: You can merge or make a fuse the geodata with any other unstructured data, since SAP HANA has the capability to visualize, store and process the geodata.
- Data Tiering: Now manage all types of data in a single physical database even when a table is divided.
Now that you’ve seen some of the features of the Express Edition, let’s dive into the system requirements for the same.
System Requirements for SAP HANA Express Edition
Operations systems supported by SAP HANA Express Edition are:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, IBM Power Systems (ppc64le – “Little Endian”), 12.1, 12.2.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, 12.1, 12.2.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, 12.3 (x8664 – HANA 2.0 SPS02 Rev 23 and higher required) .
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications, 7.2 (x8664) .
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications, 7.4 (x8664 and Power – HANA 2.0 SPS02 Rev 23 and higher required).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications, 7.3 (x8664 and Power – HANA 2.0 SPS02 Rev 21 and higher required).
Depending on the host of your system running on SAP HANA, you can select either binary or ova file installer.
Receive my tips and tutorials on SAP Industry and developments of SAP. Join my Community of SAP Professionals & Entrepreneurs!
Finally, CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK HERE. I’d love to hear about your experiences if you’ve worked in SAP, what modules are you certified in and more, on Facebook. I’d also love to help you in your SAP learning journey so that you achieve success in the industry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.