SAP is the commonly used ERP software in pretty much all companies. Almost all Fortune 500 Companies use SAP which is why there’s a never ending demand of SAP professionals.
Why is SAP Industry is so bright? Because a huge number of companies are switching to SAP to do business. And this is one of the reasons why SAP professionals are paid higher than others!
So, let’s get into business and see various major reasons why SAP professionals are the highest-paid in the market.
- Demand in SAP Industry: Personally being globally certified in many SAP Modules myself, but still SAP is a difficult industry because of the little complicated SAP ERP system and constant upgrades. This is the reason why the demand of SAP professionals is higher than any other industry professional in any industrial sector. Companies usually pay good money for great project development experience in SAP, which creates a good demand of SAP certified and experienced professionals.
- Challenging Role: The work of an SAP consultant or developer is very challenging because of the complexity of the ERP system. This challenge in the role or profile of a professional helps in improving and increasing his growth in the industry plus, keeps him updated with the new developments and upgrades in SAP. This is why SAP professionals are a gem and are paid really good.
- Extra Edge in Career: We all know that in every field or sector, education is considered to be really important for a job or a great opportunity or even a salary hike. But did you know that working experience in the SAP industry adds extra edge to your resume? Some surveys even say that this experience of a SAP consultant or Developer weighs more than the candidate’s education and certificates and other accomplishments, put together! This is the one of the major reasons why people are switching to SAP to add more value to their resume.
- Need for Complex Projects: The growing number of many businesses using SAP leads to the numerous opportunities for SAP professionals. And the companies doing serious business, usually wait a little but always hire the right talent for the opportunities and roles for their complex projects, instead of hiring someone just for the sake. This is the reason why the Fortune 500s pay more to hire right talent for their complex projects, so that they get great Return On Investment (ROI) in near future.
- Scalability of SAP Implementation: Many small-scale businesses use ERP software like JD Edwards and Peoplesoft, and some even use Oracle E-business for the implementation of their SAP projects. But, large-scale Fortune 500 companies (with over $1 Billion), complete the SAP implementation with the right and the best SAP talent in the market. These biggies pay the SAP professionals more than other companies because of their huge budget for SAP Implementation, which is why SAP professionals are the highest-paid in the market.
According to the recent studies of ZipRecruiter, the average annual salary of a SAP HANA Developer is $146,000 in the US. The salary of this particular profile (SAP HANA Developer) ranges from $130,000 to $170,000 per year. And this average salary is way more than that of a programmer or a developer, besides the benefits offered by the companies (Dental, 401K, etc).
I hope you’ll find my blog useful and beneficial if you’re interested in SAP or working in SAP or planning to switch to SAP. From the major reasons that I’ve discussed above, you can now understand the demand of SAP professionals and how their roles justify their salaries. I’ve worked on many SAP Live Projects with many clients (for contracts) and I’ve to say, I’ve learnt a lot (although I’m still learning every single day), but I’ve enjoyed the benefits and perks, more!
Receive my tips and tutorials on SAP Industry and why people are switching to SAP. Join my Community of SAP Professionals & Entrepreneurs!
Finally, CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK HERE. I’d love to hear about your experiences if you’ve worked in SAP, what modules are you certified in and more, on Facebook. I’d also love to help you in your SAP learning journey so that you achieve success in the industry.