Users launch SAP Analytical Apps from SAP Fiori Launchpad and then SAP Web Dispatcher directs the OData request from client to SAP HANA XS. Since, both data and KPI definitions are stored in SAP HANA, you need to make sure that the users are given the correct access rights.
SAP HANA XS consists of generic drilldown, KPI modeling framework, SAP Fiori App content and VDM reuse content. The data is accessed from SAP HANA database. Using OData services that require authorizations, these authorizations are clubbed together in terms of roles. And these roles are assigned to the users of SAP HANA database.
Apart from generic roles, SAP delivers a role for each analytical app with app-specific authorizations. Users who wish to access a specific app, you need to assign app-specific role to them.
For detailed information on SAP HANA and role of app-specific user, refer to app-specific section in the documentation on the website.
Enable the App for Access in SAP Fiori Launchpad
Now that we’ve learnt about the prerequisites for implementing Analytical Apps, it’s time to learn about the access of the app.
Once the ICF service is activated, you need to assign authorization to the user to access SAP KPIs catalog in SAP Fiori Launchpad. The Launchpad displays all the apps assigned to the catalog designated to a user’s role.
Assigning App using a Custom Role
Any user who is assigned the role SAP_KPIFRW4_TCR_S, will have access to all the apps. So, you wouldn’t want to give access to all apps, in real-world. Thus, let’s see how to create a custom role to grant access to specific Analytical Apps in SAP Fiori Launchpad.
Steps to enable your app with custom roles and catalog:
- Log in to your ABAP frontend server and run LPD_CUST.
- Click on NEW LAUNCHPAD tab, to create a new launchpad.
- Enter the fields Role, Instance and Description and click confirm to ignore the Namespace.
- Click on NEW APPLICATION to create a new application.
- Enter your KPI name in the link text field. Select the URL from the APPLICATION DROPDOWN list.
- Click on ADVANCED PARAMETERS.
- Click the button EDIT, next to APPLICATION ALIAS input box.
- Enter “analyze-KPIDetails” in the box and enter “SAPUI5.Component=drilldown” in the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION box.
- Hit SAVE.
- Log in to SAP Fiori Launchpad Designer and click CATALOGS.
- Click on + to create a new catalog, enter the required details and click SAVE.
- Now select the catalog you just created and click on TARGET MAPPING icon.
- Click CREATE TARGET MAPPING.
You must be logged in to post a comment.