To make the objects in the connector available in the search, you have to schedule indexing for that connector. In SAP HANA-based variant, in dexing runs either as full indexing or as delta indexing. This usually depends on whether or not the underlying model supports delta transfers and the settings one defines for indexing.
In order to index the connector created, follow these steps:
- In the CONNECTOR ADMINISTRATION COCKPIT, choose connectors that you want to schedule indexing for, and then select ACTIONS > SCHEDULE INDEXING.
- On next screen, below OBJECT TYPE, select one or more search and analysis models.
- To trigger indexing immediately, click on SELECT IMMEDIATELY checkbox. You can also schedule it for another time too.
- Another choice is to index data in real time by checking the box next to REAL-TIME INDEXING under RECURRENCE PERIOD section. Here, you should define recurrence period.
- If you wish to run full-indexing, click on FULL-INDEXING MODE dropdown and select either KEEP INDEX CONTENT or CLEAR INDEX CONTENT.
The KEEP INDEXING CONTENT mode will retain existing index and CLEAR INDEX CONTENT mode will delete index completely and re-create it. If nothing is selected as an option, the system by default will choose delta indexing.
Running Fact Sheet Apps
These type of apps can be called from the results of an SAP Fiori Search. To access the Sales Order Fact Sheet App, following steps should be followed:
- Log into SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- Use SAP Fiori Search in SAP Fiori Launchpad, to narrow down the search results to Sales Order business objects.
- Enter the term “Sales Order” in search field and press Enter. You’ll get the search results based on Sales Order.
- From the search results, you should be able to open the Sales Order Fact Sheet App by clicking one of the search results.
Fact Sheets show master data or business documents in a display mode. Fact Sheets can be called from other apps like Analytical Apps by using app-to-app navigation in SAP Fiori Launchpad. You can even search master data or business documents in SAP Fiori Launchpad just like Google search. Fact Sheet is called by selecting the search result.
In SAP, if you want to view a material, you can launch SAP Portal > SAP GUI > type t-code MM03 and search for a material. Select the views you would want to see or check out. With SAP Fiori, you can simply type in the content you’re looking for or the description, just like a traditional Google search.
Follow our Blog for more updates and current offers!
[hubspot type=form portal=5934508 id=b37ebdfc-5650-4300-9817-b74e08369d72]